|Eliminated From The Glee Project|
Dana McCray is a contestant on season 3 of The Glee Project.
IN The contender was not at risk of elimination.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment and was first on the callback list.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment but was cited as needing improvement.
LOW The contender was cited as needing improvement but was not at risk of elimination.
RISK The contender had to do a Last Chance Performance and was at risk of being eliminated.
OUT The contender was eliminated.
Dana is a country singer who's recently made the move from karaoke and linedancing belle to professional hopeful just last year. She grew up on a horse ranch as a show and stunt rider, but a jarring experience in high school caused by her epilepsy, a neurological disorder that causes tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures, gave her a passion to transition from cowgirl to performer during her time at San Francisco State University, double-majoring in Animal Sciences and Dance. Dana's been taking singing/acting/dancing lessons for the last year since her move to Los Angeles, where she works as a judge and handler at livestock shows and auctions when not performing. Dana wants to win The Glee Project to offer a positive role model for teens with neurological disorders, as well as represent the country girl angle that she believes McKinley High School and Glee needs.
- Dana's favorite music genre is country
- Her favorite singers are Cher, Taylor Swift, and Garth Brooks
- She was first diagnosed with epilepsy at age 11
- She struggled with controlling her seizures her sophomore and junior year. During this time, she lost a lot of friends and was asked to quit several teams and clubs she was active in because her coaches weren't comfortable with her competing in her condition. Dana says this was one of the hardest times of her life
- During high school, she worked as a country dancing instructor at a country club called "Kodiak Jack's"
- She describes her voice as Contralta
- She began voice and acting lessons one year ago, along with jazz dancing lessons
- Her favorite Glee character is Mike Chang
- Her favorite Glee Project Season 1 contestant is Hannah, because she is friendly and fresh
- Her favorite Glee Project Season 2 contestant is Shanna, because she wasn't afraid to take chances and she sang fearlessly.
- Her Twitter name is @danadrama78.
- She is best friends with Lyndsay, and the two live together in LA.
- She and Lyndsay adopted a dog together, which they called Dansay, their ship name.